Skip to main content
Are you okay? Emergency/Crisis

Changing international fee status to the domestic tuition rate

You are eligible for the domestic tuition rate if you classified as a permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:

  • A person who has been granted permanent resident status and has not had that status revoked.
  • A person who has been approved in principle for permanent resident status in Canada. This standing will be evidenced with a letter confirming that Citizenship and Immigration Canada has determined that he or she is eligible for immigration to Canada or meets the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status in Canada.

You may also be eligible for the domestic tuition rate if you meet the requirements of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.

To change to the domestic tuition rate, you must be able to give satisfactory proof of your status to the Registrar’s office (undergraduate students) or the Office of Graduate Studies (graduate students).

Domestic fees will only be applied for the current term and are not retroactive. In order to retain an exemption from the international fees for a subsequent term or session, you may, at a later date, be required to submit supplementary or new documents to prove your status has been maintained.


Deadline to change to domestic tuition rate


September 20, 2017


January 19, 2018


May 11, 2018