Skip to main content
Crisis Centre


  • I am having difficulty logging into my MyCampus account. What should I do?
    If you have never logged into the system, make sure that you are entering your date of birth correctly (it must be entered in the format MMDDYY). If you are still having difficulties, please call IT services at 905.721.3333.
  • What do I do if I get an error message?



    Link error

    This course requires registration in more than one section (e.g. lecture, lab and/or tutorial). You must register for each part of the course at the same time.

    Closed section

    There are currently no seats available in this course section. Other sections of this course may still have seats available.

    Prerequisite error

    The course section you are trying to add requires a prerequisite. Contact the Registrar’s office at 905.721.3190 or by email for further details.

    Missing co-requisite

    The course section you are trying to add requires a co-requisite. You must register in both courses concurrently.

    Duplicate CRN

    You have already registered for the course section that you are trying to add.

    Maximum hours exceeded

    Your total number of credit hours exceeds the maximum number allowed for this term. If you have to take extra courses, you will require permission from your faculty.

    Time conflict

    This course section conflicts with another course in your schedule and cannot be added.

    SR-student restrictions

    Please call the Registrar’s office for assistance at 905.721.3190.

    College restrictions

    The college restriction occurs either when a course has been specifically reserved for students in a certain program or when students from a certain program are not permitted to take a course. Please contact the appropriate faculty academic advisor.

  • I just tried to switch a lab section and was removed from the course entirely. Why?
    If the lab section you were trying to switch into was full, you were not added to that section; however, you were removed from your original lab section and the corresponding lecture because the lab that you dropped is linked to that lecture. In order to best avoid this happening, please check the availability of course sections prior to dropping a class.
  • What is an elective?
    Electives, general electives or open electives may be chosen from any course in the list of offerings, including those offered by Trent University. However, some courses are restricted from degree credit in some programs. Be sure to read the calendar regulations carefully and ensure that electives will meet your program requirements. If you are unsure, contact your academic advisor.
  • How do I drop a course in MyCampus?
    To drop a course via your MyCampus account, go to the add/drop courses screen. Select web drop from the drop down menu to the left of the CRN that you wish to drop. Click on submit changes at the bottom of the screen. If your course has been successfully deleted, it will be removed from your current schedule.
  • How do I drop my last course?
    You cannot drop your last course online. You must complete an add/drop form if you are dropping your last course. Courses that are not officially dropped will be graded and you will be responsible for paying any fees associated with the course. 
  • How do I officially withdraw from UOIT?

    To officially withdraw after you have registered for courses, you must complete and submit a withdrawal form to the Registrar’s office. The withdrawal form can be found by logging in to MyCampus and going to the Documents tab.

    Students must return their laptop within seven working days of withdrawal from their program. After this time, a late return charge will apply and/or the laptop will be deemed lost or stolen and appropriate action will be taken to retrieve it. Students are responsible for fees related to damage, misuse, loss or theft as per the policy. No refunds will be processed and student marks may be withheld until the matter is resolved.